Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Meine Lehrerin...

I am so lucky to have such a great German teacher.  ; )

It is difficult living in a country where you don't speak the language and trying to navigate the simplest things.  I think my enjoying the German police officer in my previous post doing charades was really driven by my desire to be on the other side.  Usually it is me trying to act something out or making some kind of physical gesture to get my point across, it was fun to have the tables turned.  I am desperately working on my German so that I don't have to endure the charades any longer.  

My German teacher comes to my office for my lessons - usually 90-120 minutes a lesson several times a week.  Today a colleague asked me what meeting I had this morning that made me laugh so much.  I replied that it was my German class.  He was surprised that I was having so much fun learning German, I guess I am too.  I am thankful that learning German is fun because "it is not an easy language" (I actually think it is not very difficult, probably because I am having too much fun learning it!).

I feel very lucky to have a German teacher that can laugh at me as much as I laugh at myself.


Lessons in Living...Berlin:
Finding a reason to laugh (especially when it is at yourself) makes the day brighter

No comments: