Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shan Rahimkhan


When I need my haircut it is one of things where I wake up and look in the mirror and decide I absolutely HAVE to get my hair cut TODAY!  That was my experience this morning upon looking in the mirror.  Today is the day and I need a haircut!

Being in a new city finding a stylist that you like can be quite a traumatic experience.  A haircut, unlike a bad outfit, cannot be easily discarded.  So, I consider myself very lucky to have found Shan even before I moved to Berlin.

Shan Rahimkhan has an amazing sense of style which is evidenced in his Cafe, Coiffeur, and Casa.  You have to check it out on www.shanrahimkhan.de!  The first time I got my hair cut Shan did it himself.  I felt like a princess when I left and was warmed by the kindness and encouragement that Shan offered after hearing about my stolen purse at Tegel Airport.

Well, being impulsive as I am about my hair and calling at the last minute unfortunately meant that Shan was not going to be able to cut it.  Okay, so I didn't even ask.  But in any case, I got a nice cut today from Marty.  I got about 4 inches cut off and I am happy to say I won't be able to wear it in a pony tail for a while!

After my hair cut I went around the corner to Gallerie Lafayette.  I think it is pretty cool to have one of my favorite French stores in Berlin (okay, so we don't have an Apple store yet, but we have Galleries Lafayette!).  So, I went and tried on some sun glasses.  I found some that I liked but they just seem too glitzy for Berlin.  Berlin is a solid "cool" city and doesn't have as much of the flash that New York has.  The "window" shopping was fun (they already have winter scarves...I hope that is not an omen for winter weather in Berlin!

I am looking forward to going to Helsinki tomorrow.  It is one of my favorite places.  I will be sure to add some pictures to my blog.  Also, I need to add some from my family's visit as well!  The haircut photo was taken with my Mac...! ; ) 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new 'do! Judging from your status on Facebook, you're always traveling! Hope you're adjusting well to Germany. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Cat! You look fabulous in the photos. I am glad you fixed commenting. It will make my life easier and make it more likely I will read your blog. Blogging is NO fun if you can't comment.

Hans